The new building of the library was officially opened on December 9th, 1975 by Lyudmila Zhivkova.
In the photo from the left to the right: Siliyan Kadaramov, a librarian in the Art Department, Lyudmila Zhivkova and Yosif Mizrahi, Director of the Library.
Lyudmila Zhivkova (1942 – 1981) was a public figure and a motivator, Minister of Culture. She graduated the Faculty of History at the Sofia University and History of Arts in Moscow. She was the daughter of the head of the country – Todor Zhivkov.