Haskovo Municipality

The design of the municipal home, where the mayor’s office and the municipality of the town of Haskovo are housed, is the work of arch. P. Tzvetkov. The construction of the building began in 1939 and ended in 1941. The three-storey building has 634 sq.m. and was planned according to the specific needs of the administration. The peculiar feature is the main façade of the building with the Clock Tower that connects the two wings. The balconies on the first floor and the two columns on the main entrance diversify the rigid forms.

The construction of the clock installation was assigned to Georgi Hadzhinikolov, a company “Gnomon”, located in the capital city of Sofia – a Bulgarian watchmaker, clocks maker and founder of the first Bulgarian clock factory.

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.